Full Stack Engineer
Full Stack Engineer with an Emphasis on Device to Device Communication (1099 Contract, 2-Month Project)
Who we are and why we’re hiring
Tern AI is developing IDPS (Independently Derived Positioning System,) a patented solution that is the next major evolution in positioning and navigation. With the development of IDPS, the company is changing the way the world understands and determines their location.
We are seeking a skilled and self-motivated Full Stack Software Engineer to work on a fully remote, 1099 contract basis for approximately two months. In this role, you will be responsible for developing an iPhone application that enables participating vehicles to determine their relative lane positions. The application will utilize a technology similar to Airtags and/or swarm drone positioning (such as Ultra-wideband or similar) with an emphasis on Device to Device communication.
In this role you’ll also collaborate with other engineers, to ultimately integrate your finished project within our innovative technology stack. This will include setting the vision for integration, as well as helping inform early design decisions to aid with seamless combination in the future.
1. Project Planning and Collaboration:
- Collaborate with the team to map out the project requirements and define objectives.
- Participate in drafting the project timeline, milestones, and deliverables.
- Contribute to the decision-making process regarding the application's design and functionality.
2. Program Development:
- Develop an iOS program for automotive use that enables vehicles to determine their lane positions, primarily using Device to Device communication.
- Utilize GPS data from smartphone receivers to establish initial approximate coordinates for each vehicle
- Implement a hierarchical algorithm that prioritizes data from the devices that have the least amount of GPS error
- Determine the vehicles' lane positions on a map interface within the application.
3. Testing and Evaluation:
- Evaluate various communication technologies (e.g., UWB, Bluetooth, WiFi Direct) to determine the most suitable option.
- Test the application's performance under different driving conditions
- Conduct thorough testing and troubleshooting to identify and resolve any issues or limitations.
4. Documentation and Reporting:
- Document the program development process, including architecture, code, and configuration details.
- Participate in a weekly update call and deliver a comprehensive report on test results, performance metrics, and any observed limitations or challenges.
- Strong knowledge of GPS technology, location-based services, and map integration.
- Familiarity with swarm positioning technologies and their application in relative positioning.
- Proficiency in testing and evaluating different communication technologies (UWB, Bluetooth, WiFi Direct, etc.).
- Ability to work independently, take ownership of tasks, and deliver high-quality results within defined timelines.
- Proven experience in embedded iOS development, particularly for iPhone platforms.
Note: This position is a 1099 contract role with an approximate duration of two months. This job is fully remote USA, with no requirement for travel. The opportunity for continued involvement with the company following completion of the project will be discussed based on the candidate's goals and interests.
We look forward to receiving your application and discussing this exciting opportunity further.